Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bike Ride to the Lake

There are two lakes just 20-30 minutes South of the town. I believe you can swim in them come summer. I biked out there to check it out.









Also visited a houseboat for the very first time the other night. Sometimes they are rented out to students. The bedrooms are very very small but the living spaces are quite large.






This is the tiny toilet which you have to pump by hand to flush.


This is house from outside...


In other news, I finally saw No Country for Old men here:


Kind of what I expected, a slick, violent, good vs. evil thriller, about crime, revenge, heroism, and doing the right thing, from three perspectives: the 'law', the conscienceless criminal, and the guy who accidentally gets caught up in it all. With western tones, thoughtful performances (Javier Barden, Tommy Lee Jones), and the usual Coen brothers sharp wit, it is thoroughly entertaining and suspenseful...out of the (somewhat bizarre) nominations for Best Picture this year, it definitely stands a chance and probably deserves to be there.

Also, I discovered last.fm, a 'radio' station where you type in an artist and it will play similar artists for you until you type in something new! Fun.

1 comment:

Cody Andrew Hicks said...

I don't think it's a competition kiddo.
The show was so worth 7 euros. I just shouldn't have spent the ten on beers, but I couldn't resist.

Fucking rock solid.

PLUS:
You are SO lucky to be a Quebec resident. If I would have known how swell it is for exchanges I would have jumped on that train so fast.
FUCK. I get no more money coming in, so I'm really gonna have to eat nothing but Spaghetti and Bread.